Do you believe in love?

I have never had a clear example of a strong relationship. 

I don't believe in the words “I will love you for the rest of my life”.

I don't know how to trust your partner 100%. But despite this, for some reason, I am always looking for the ways to learn what no one have taught me - to love and be loved, to give love without expecting something in return. 

Maybe, I want to prove myself that fairy tales do really exist. 

Today I was wondering about the meaning of love? Is it good to be in love or to be loved? Honestly, I couldn’t find the right answers thinking of my past relationships.

Mary, 31

I can’t tell you exactly what is the meaning of love. Probably that’s why I consider that is better to be loved instead of loving someone. I hate when a partner wants to control every step of my life, when he is thinking that he is better than me and when he is neglect. 

What I will appreciate in my man? Well, it’s absolute sense of humour, intelligence and his willingness to go compromise. 

Chuck, 33

Love for me is a mutual respect for each other. I believe two people who respect each other, each other’s time, interests, families and all apart from it can build a strong and supportive relationship. Everything can be overcome and rebuilt if people understand why exactly the respect is one of the primary things necessary for a successful relationship. I don’t appreciate selfishness, rudeness and violence.

What is better to love o be loved? Neither one is suitable for me. But if I really had to choose one, I’ll choose the one where I have feelings for a person. Eventually I’ll have to force myself to break up as soon as possible regardless to the feelings I have, and if that person happened to be my true soulmate, she’ll find me again to fix the mistake and if not, then the decision was right from the beginning.

The perfect one is the one that is on the same level with me - emotionally and mentally. The one that is supportive throughout all the relationship experiences. The one that is up to adventures and is not scared to challenge ourselves.

Tina, 32

I thought it was love when he first raised his hand to me. I could not even imagine that a man could treat his woman differently. After the divorce, I met the one who showed me what care is, what understanding is, what happiness and love are. I’m happiest woman in the world. 

As for me, I really don’t know the true meaning of love either. There were both situations in my life: when I was completely in love and when I was simply loved by someone. I could say that it is better to be loved, but unfortunately for me it doesn’t work. 

When I feel like my partner loves me more, I become capricious, lazy and I don't put any effort into relationship. Maybe it's better when it's fifty-fifty? Otherwise, the relationship like this will fail. 

3 things I love about partner and what I hate about him? That's a great question. I love the sense of humour (even though I hate black humour), I also appreciate honesty, respect and support. I do not know, I have at least 10 qualities that I like. On negative sites, it's envy, control, lies and perhaps laziness. 

Despite my list, I find it difficult to build a happy relationship right now. I have my fears, my bad experience in the past, I have a lot going on. 

There is no perfect partner (I don’t believe that perfect really exist). Sometimes it is important to understand how do you feel about your relationship and about the person you want to be with. 

The key is that you understand your faults together and work on yourselves to become a happy couple.


Comments